Thursday 11 February 2016

Review: L'oreal Color Riche - Blake Lively Red Lipstick

Red lipsticks are one of my favourite colours to wear. In my opinion it screams class, and confidence whilst also being a little bit sexy. I remember when I was in my teens being forced to wear red lipstick for dance shows and I HATED it. Now though, I don't even need an excuse and I kind of wish I could rewind 10 years and enjoy the red lipstick at the age of 15, haha.

One of my all time favourites is Mac's Russian Red, but since I've bought the Blake Lively for L'oreal red it has kind of taken a back seat. Let's face it, who doesn't want to be Blake!?



The packaging for the Colour Riche lipsticks are all the same - a black Nars-esque case with the gold detailing. It looks classy and simple... No fancy pants stuff here! 

First off, the colour of this lipstick is amazing. It's a classic red with a blue undertone which looks amazing on most skin tones and makes teeth look really white. It goes on really creamy and doesn't drag across, or highlight any dry patches on your lips but it sets to a semi matte finish.



The lasting power of this lipstick is really blimmin' good for it's price point. I find most lipsticks from the drugstore tend to last a couple of hours without fading but this lasts for about 5 hours before I need to top it up. If I'm on a night out, and not eating then I can put it on and forget about it cos it'll last the whole night. 

If you're looking for a dupe of Mac's Russian red, but don't want to pay the £15.50 price tag, then you should really give this a go. You can get it from Boots and Superdrug or most drugstores for around £6.99 so it's literally half the price. 

What do you ladies think of this lipstick? Are there any more you want me to review?

Love
Sophie x

2 comments: