Friday 26 February 2016

Little Ways to Relax

Lets face it, sometimes life is a bitch. It can get stressful, hectic and just totally emotional and I'm sure most of you have times when you just need to de-stress, or escape from reality a little? I know I do, Today I thought I'd share the little things I do to chill myself out. They may not work for you, but they work for me :)

Image Source
  1. Wine - All the wine: Ok, so maybe not all the wine, but I am totally not against having a glass of wine or 2 when I'm feeling stressed or when I just want to chill out. Yes, I know you shouldn't rely on wine to get through a bad day (I dont! Promise) but I do enjoy a little bit every now and again.
  2. PJ's: Not gonna lie, being in my pyjamas is pretty much my favourite thing ever. I come home from work, jump in the shower and put my pj's on straight away. If it's gone 5.30pm and I'm still dressed, there will be a pretty good reason haha! I find as soon as I'm in my PJ's I instantly feel chilled out, so snuggle on the sofa with a blanket and get comfy for the evening!
  3. Get outside: Fresh air is an instant calmer for me. Being outside whether it be for a run, or just a walk to the shops makes me happy. For some reason I find I can switch off easier when I'm outside. I don't know if it's cos I'm not checking my phone or just because there is generally no one around for me to talk to but I like it. I also find I sleep better when I've been outside for a bit.
  4. Watch things: Watch whatever makes you happy. Whether that's something deep and meaningful on the TV or YouTube on the laptop, take some time out to watch something you want. I tend to watch trashy shows on Netflix but that's just my preference.
  5. Get a massage: Ok so this one might not be totally viable but I totally love getting a massage when things get really tense. Sometimes Martin will give me a little back rub (tmi? Probs) but there is nothing like going for a full on half an hour massage. Seriously, if you can - try it!
  6. Take a bubble bath: This isnt something that I do regularly, but when I do, I like to go all out - a massive hot bath filled to the brim with lovely, foamy bubbles with YouTube on or a book in hand. I tend to do this when Martin goes away as I get really anxious then and I find it calms me down and I know I can have a bath without rushing for anything or anyone.
  7. Meditation: I use this mainly for anxiety, but it is such a good way to just let everything go! You can get some really good meditation thingies on YouTube which talk you through everything that you need to do. I always feel so good after I do it, and I really don't know why I don't do it more often. 
What do you do to chill out when you're stressed?

Love 
Sophie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment