Wednesday 24 February 2016

Recipe: Simple Pasta Bolegnese

Today I thought I'd share my first ever recipe post on here! I love cooking, which is a fairly new thing for me and I've got enough 'staple' recipes in my repertoire for most situations. Most of them involve pasta, but that's ok cos pasta is da bomb...

Anyway, this is my pasta/spaghetti bolegnese recipe with a little added extra ;)


Ingredients (serves 2/3)
  • 250g mince (I used frozen mince here) you can also use chicken mince or quorn mince
  • 1 tin canned chopped tomatos
  • 3/4 onion
  • Mushrooms (however many you like!) 
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • A handful of sweetcorn (again, I used frozen but you can use whatever)
  • 2 oxo cubes
  • A teaspoon of mixed herbs
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic or garlic puree
  • A squirt of tomato puree 
  • Pepper and Worcestershire sauce to taste
  • Pasta of your choice


Method
  • Heat the mince over a medium heat, stirring often until it has all browned off (no pink bits!)
  • Whilst the mince is cooking, chop the onion, mushroom and pepper
  • Drain any excess fat from your mince before adding the onion, mushroom and pepper and cook for around 5 minutes until softened
  • Add the tin of tomatoes, the tomato puree, herbs, oxo cubes, garlic and pepper, stir and leave to simmer on a low heat (you can either cook the pasta straight away or leave it simmering for as long as you like... I find half an hour or so gives the best flavour!)
  • Add 2 cups of pasta to boiling water and cook for around 15 minutes (or less if you're using fresh pasta) 
  • Stir a generous amount of Worcestershire sauce to the bolegnese and leave until the pasta has cooked. (seriously, it adds a whole new meaning to yummy!)
  • Serve with a sprinkling of cheese, garlic bread or salad if you wish
So there we have it - the easiest and super tasty bolegnese recipe!

Let me know on my social media or in the comments below if you try this! :) 

Love
Sophie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment