Tuesday 1 March 2016

February's Happy Things

Hi Loves,
If you missed this post then it basically explains what the happy things series is about!

  1. Dublin - We flew out for a couple of days on Valentines day. It's such a beautiful City, I just wish I had been well enough to enjoy it properly. (I caught a virus! Yum)
  2. Birthdays - This seems to have been the month for getting dressed up to go and party. Who doesn't like to party on a Saturday?!
  3. Catching up with friends - Martin went away for the weekend at the beginning of the month and although I missed him, it was super lovely to catch up with friends and just take some time out to do what I wanted without having to worry about other people.
  4. Dancing - I recently got picked to dance for a professional charity event and was literally over the moon. For those who don't know, I am a part time event dancer with The Butterflies and they are the loveliest group of girls ever! They really keep me sane sometimes. Love them <3
  5. My hair - I got my hair done a stage lighter at the beginning of the month and I seriously love it! I am well on the way to being the colour that I want to be in time for summer.
  6. Sundays - Most Sundays this month have been spent doing not a lot, and whilst I like doing things, I also love not having to rush anywhere first thing in the morning.
  7. Gossip Girl - Totally late to the bandwagon on this one, I know, but I am loving watching this! It's total escapism and sometimes it's exactly what I need.
  8. Ordering and booking our kitchen fitting - Gosh, how grown up does that sound?! Haha! We have finally agreed on everything in the kitchen, and have designed it exactly as we wanted! It's being delivered at the beginning of March, and fitted towards the end of March. So next month we will have a sparkly new kitchen!
  9. Waking up and not feeling sick - I know, it sounds dramatic doesn't it!? Seriously though, I spent 2 weeks of this month with a virus which totally wiped me out... Even after it had disappeared I still felt really nauseous and lived off ginger biscuits and cream crackers... When I woke up one day and felt well again I think I actually did a happy dance! It's one of those things you totally take for granted, you know!?
  10. Having a clean car - Trivial but oh so good! I don't remember the last time I properly cleaned out my car, but I did this month and I forgot how much calmer it makes me feel. I've also banned the kids from eating in there now so it should stay cleaner for longer!
  11. Signing up for my diploma - Ever since I was at college I've wanted to study to be a mental health nurse/counsellor and until now, it just hasn't been right for me. I decided to bite the bullet this month and book on to a short online academy diploma in Child and Adolescent Counselling to see if it's something I'd like to pursue more. Eeeek 
What have you been loving this month?

Love
Sophie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment